Holloway Houston is proud to have contributed to the first DNV project in the United States. Through our long established relationship with DNV (Det Norske Veritas), Holloway Houston presently fabricates over 90% of the DNV class slings built in the Western Hemisphere. We perform most of the DNV witnessed pull testing on pad eyes and other weldments, synthetics, and umbilicals of various types. DNV surveyors are on site at Holloway at most given times.
Holloway Houston has extensive expertise in the following DNV Certification programs
- 2.22 Lifting Appliances
- 2.7-1 Offshore Containers
- 2.7-3 Portable Offshore Containers (using 2.7-1 Off Shore Containers and/or 2.22 Slings)
- DNV Marine Operations
- DNV Container & skid testing
- Custom requirements
- Third party witness only
To support DNV requirements, Holloway has programs that design the slings and prepare the DNV engineering submission. In most cases, there is no charge for this service.
In order to properly support all of our testing programs and reduce our customers’ transportation costs, we also provide the following services & facilities
- The only API Q1 sling shop in the world.
- Operations compliant with both API’s American and European ISOs.
- European CE markings on documents if required.
- In-house crane support for loading / unloading test beds and trucks.
- In-house Technical Services, designers, and draftsmen available for assistance.
- On-site meeting and working space available upon request.
- Access via our ProCert certificate retrieval system to Test Certs, C of C’s, MTR’s, POD’s, anytime, anywhere.
With more than 13 test beds and hundreds of Load Cells and Links available on site, Holloway Houston’ Testing Services department offers an array of testing options with the following capabilities
- Rapid, high load capacity cycling
- Capacities to 5,000 m tonnes.
- Test bed lengths through 400 feet (122 m).
Holloway Houston also stocks a variety of DNV certified fittings available for shipping. For more information, please our Testing Services.