• All load bearing components are heat treated, Quenched & Tempered alloy steel.
• All components, with the exception of the retaining ring, are produced with maximum material hardness of 34 HRc.
• All primary load-bearing components have Charpy impact testing. The body, bushing, washer and bail meet impact
requirements of 31 ft-lb min. avg. at -4°F. The bolt meets impact requirements of 20 ft-lb min. avg. at -150°F.
• Individually magnetic particle inspected with certification.
• Forged bail provides the following:
• Easily readable raised lettering showing the name Crosby or "CG" and PIC for material traceability.
• Greater durability providing the increased toughness desired in potentially abusive field conditions.
• Larger opening than standard hoist ring bail.
• Bolt specification is an alloy socket head cap screw to ASTM A320 Grade L7 or L43.
• Top washer is color-coded for easy identification (blue for UN threads and grey for Metric threads).
• The Working Load Limit and recommended torque value are permanently stamped into each washer.
• Individually Proof Tested to 2 times Working Load Limit (90° and in-line).
• BOLT SIZE IDENTIFICATION: The size of the bolt will be stated as in the drawing above. Illustration shows meaning of each
• Type approval and certification in accordance with DNV Offshore Standard DNV-OS-E101, Drilling Plant, Standard for
Certification DNVGL-ST-0378, Lifting Appliances, and DNVGL-SI-0166.
• Individually serialized.
• 100% MPI all primary load bearing components.
• Coating: Thermo-diffusion galvanized.
• Optional bolt sizes available upon request.