• Alloy steel — Quenched & Tempered.
• Individually Proof Tested to values shown, with certification.
• Proof Tested with special fixtures sized to prevent localized point loading.
• Forgings have a Product Identification Code (PIC) for material traceability,
along with the size, the name Crosby and USA in raised lettering.
• Selected sizes designated with “W” in the size column have enlarged inside
dimensions to allow additional room for sling hardware and crane hook.
• Crosby 7/8” to 2” A-342 master links are type approved to DNVST-E271-2.7-1 Offshore Containers. These Crosby master links are 100%
proof tested, MPI and impact tested. The tests are conducted by Crosby and
3.1 test certification is available upon request. Refer to the Crosby COLD
TUFF® master links that meet the additional requirements of DNV rules for
certification of lifting appliances - Loose Gear.
• Incorporates patented QUIC-CHECK® deformation indicators.
• Fatigue rated to 20,000 cycles at 1-1/2 times the Working Load Limit.
• Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification,
ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements.
Importantly, these links meet other critical performance requirements
including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not
addressed by ASME B30.26.